Home  ›  Blog  ›  Mobility  ›  How EM helped businesses adapt to the pandemic

How EM helped businesses adapt to the pandemic

November 4, 2021


Businesses may have been using remote work and mobile computing for a long time, but it is very recently that we have seen a substantial change in understanding and mentality. Enterprise Mobility became a very important tool for businesses in a short time, while it clearly proved that the workplace will never be the same again.

It is not every day that more than a third of the world’s population is quarantined. The COVID-19 pandemic has drastically changed the landscape of personal and business relationships, as businesses have been forced to shift to remote working for their employees to work safely from home.

In the end, many conclusions were drawn from this crisis. Primarily, the very nature of work is being transformed. It is no longer certain whether there will be a full return to the previous status quo.

In addition, for some businesses the very nature of the work will change. Retailers will have to adapt to social distancing, while there has already been an increase in contactless transactions, which has made mobile devices even more important (in transactions).

More businesses will begin to explore the possibilities of Unified Endpoint Management as they move from ad hoc remote work environments to more stable, systematic work models where employees who work from home for longer periods of time will definitely need better support. In particular, they need to factor in how to manage mobile devices and their applications.

The lockdown experience further enhanced the importance of cloud computing. Businesses that did not already use the cloud during the pandemic, were reluctant to try this model during the crisis, where they would have to respond immediately to significant challenges. As the epidemic subsides, the cloud adoption trend is expected to strengthen significantly, with notable commercial growth.

Another point of interest has to do with security and specifically with the use of passwords that have begun to show their age and have become problematic. In a world where we coexist with the coronavirus, mobile users who work remotely even more often, cannot tolerate typing passwords on the screen of their mobile phones and they shouldn’t have to.
What is needed are even more powerful and convenient access mechanisms based on biometric technology, multifactor authentication, and context-aware logins, which will make remote mobile work even more seamless. At the moment, only 10% of businesses are at this stage, but we believe that the remaining 90% will soon get there.

#EM     #Mobile     #mobility    

Related Posts